Who are “Contract Nerds”?!”
Creator (Venice, CA)
- PASSION: I’ve loved contracts since law school, where I received the CALI Award for Contracts 101. But I learned how to draft, review and negotiate contracts while on the job. I am passionate about providing post-law school education and skills training around contracts.
- LEGAL: I’ve spent most of my legal career in-house and am currently serving as Corporate Counsel for Franklin Templeton, a Fortune-500 global financial services organization.
- BUSINESS: I took a slight detour from traditional in-house practice when I worked for a business consulting firm as a project manager for four years. That’s where I learned how to apply project management and change management principles to my practice as an in-house attorney, e.g., contract management process optimization and automation.
- TECH: In true consultant form, I believe in doing things as efficiently as possible. Which is why I am a huge advocate for using legal tech to optimize and automate the contract management process.
- INSPIRATION: During the pandemic this year, I discovered an amazing community of attorneys on LinkedIn and started posting some contract negotiation tips. I didn’t expect them to be so well-received. My engagement with like-minded contract lovers sparked an idea – Contract Nerds.
For more information about Nada Alnajafi, click here.